CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Mona City Pioneer Day 5K

The day of the Mona City 5K I woke up with my ankle throbbing just a bit from the injury in the big wiffle ball game the night before. I could still walk and felt pretty good. I started the race but when we crossed a small dirt road I stepped on a rock and it was enough to make me stop. It was disappointing as I had ran everyday for two weeks training to do this course. My dad and sister came in around 33 minutes which is excellent since 2 weeks before we came in at just over 36 minutes. My dad and sis both won first place in their age groups. I was so disappointed and vowed to rerun the course when my ankle felt up to it. This morning I drove down to the park and a Mona city employee saw me stretching and offered to time me, even though I had my own stop watch. According to my watch I came in at 33:31 and according to the Mona guy his time said my time was 32:46. I will go with the Mona guy! :) Anyway, he brought out the official paperwork and put my time in it's slot and said I took 2nd in my age group. He told me he would change it and I asked him to please leave things as they are because I just want to do this run for me personally to say that I did it and not to take anyone's ribbon away. I have been filled with disappointment all week and now I feel like I accomplished something and it was a lot of fun!

I also have to add that Brayden ran the 5K in 26:45 and Baylee ran the mile in 9:38. They both placed 3rd in their age groups and did an awesome job!



Brayden crossing the finish line
Me, Dad, and Deb
Me, Dad, Deb, Justin, and Brayden
Dad with his 1st place ribbon
Brayden and Baylee with their ribbons

0 comments: