CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brayden the Bee


Brayden surprised me one day and asked me if I could come to his Spelling Bee on January 13. First of all, I didn't even know the school was having a spelling bee let alone my own son qualified to represent the 5th grade for the contest. They had preliminary rounds in their classrooms and then had a school wide spelling bee contest in which Brayden competed. The winner of his school would then go on to represent the whole school at the Collin County spelling bee. I was so proud when I walked into the school gym and saw Brayden sitting on the stage. I could tell he was really nervous. That morning he was wishing he wasn't such a good speller because he was so nervous. His first word was "surround". He only said one "r" and was eliminated in the first round but I was so proud of him and could tell he was relieved to have it over. He blamed it on his nerves and I can't blame him...that is scary to stand in front off all your peers. Way to go Brayden!!!
(I forgot my camera, so the picture is from my phone)

1 comments:

A bit about our little family... said...

Great job Brayden!! That does take a lot of guts to get up and do that so a+ for doing it!!