CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bye Bye Weeds!

Last year our neighbor got some terrible crabgrass like weed in his yard and it spread into ours. We tried like heck to kill it but it never went away and it came back with a vengeance this Spring. Before BJ left for Brazil he put some weed killer out on the lawn but it didn't even touch this stuff. Well, with all the stress we have had this week with BJ being stuck in Brazil, I needed a project to tackle to take my frustration out on. After 3 afternoons of hard work we were able to conquer this stubborn weed grass. I saw a neighbor of Ozzy's preschool digging up weeds in his yard so I asked him what was the benefit and he said the only way to get rid of this weed for good was to dig it up. He said the Bermuda grass takes over and it will grow back over the bald spots. So, I got the shovel out and got to work. There are some pretty good bald spots but I have hope the Bermuda will do it job! As you can see below, I had some pretty good help.

Before
After
Ozzy helping
Brayden and Baylee
Trying to look good
Not sure what Baylee is doing???
Bryson HAD help too!

0 comments: