CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Today was a good day! BJ was finally able to leave Brazil and is on his way home. We are so thankful that he is safe and that he will be home in just a few short hours. We, as a family, have had an experience that makes us realize the important things in life. I know I, for one, will never be the same. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways. What happened to BJ in Brazil is a terrible thing but I know good will come of it. It has already helped me to realize how very blessed I am and to help me focus on what is really important. Today being Easter and being able to celebrate life and the Atonement could not have come at a better time. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice that He made for me. I know He died for me. I know He loves me. I have felt His love for me and my family during this recent trial and I have so much to be thankful for. I have the best kids in the whole world! This morning the weather was horrible. Baylee said, "I guess the Easter Bunny is not coming today...oh well." I asked her if that was OK with her and she said that Easter is not about candy, it's about celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus. I was so proud! Needless, to say, the Easter Bunny came through. He did a little scavenger hunt in the house that lead to baskets full of candy. I've never been more happy to see them have so much candy! Happy Easter!






4 comments:

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

way to cute! Happy Easter!!

JJWright said...

Our prayers have been with all of you and we know the power of prayer. Take care....tell BJ to stay closer to home.

Julianne said...

Nicole, You all look great! I'm glad BJ made it home safely. I had fun reading your last few posts. Hope you are doing well.

Rays said...

You all look so good! We are so glad that BJ made it home safely! I hope he's not planning on traveling for awhile;)