CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baylee the "Parent"


I've recently decided to let the kids use the Internet with the condition of me knowing all of their usernames and passwords. Baylee likes this website called clubpenguin.com. I found out she was chatting online with someone and it freaked me out a bit and I told her she can't do that because it is unsafe and explained the dangers of chatting online.
A couple of days later I checked over her emails and she had a response from Club Penguin Support Team so I wondered why they would email her. When she signed up for the website it asked for your parents email and she put her own email in. This is what she emailed the support team:

My daughter has been on club penguin.com and I don't think it is safe that
the kids can chat you need too do something about that because my daughter
loves club penguin and my husband does not think it is safe. Please make my
daughter happy. Or else I will tell my daughter not too go on there and that
will ruin her life and many other kids life. Please do something about it
because it is not safe

From,
Parent

I was shocked! She pretended to be me! I had a really hard time keeping a straight face telling her this was wrong. The support team did respond with a huge email letting us (well, her) know of all the safety measures their team takes to ensure the safety of the kids using their website. It did make me feel better about the kids going to this site. One of things they said that made me laugh was, "Of course, there is no replacement for the teachings a parent can bring when it comes to online safety." This is so true. Needless to say, I will be keeping a close eye on her!

2 comments:

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Oh that's smart! She is so cute.

KK and Company said...

Wow... that's unreal! What a little sneaky girl! ha ha... you've got your hands full already!!! :)